We invest resources and long-term capital in our partner companies. We use the depth of our experience and relationships to identify initiatives that will create long-term value and we deploy our resources to get results.
We partner with food, beverage, and agribusiness companies.
- This includes value-added processing, supply chain management, packaging, and other goods and services that support production and distribution.
- Our ideal partners will be lower to middle market companies with $500k to $10m in EBITDA located in the Midwest U.S.
- Food is the center point of our investment objectives. We seek out partners that produce, support, process, package, as well as service the food, beverage, and agribusiness industries. Our backgrounds and experiences create a unique opportunity for long-term value.
- Is your company ready for the next step? Do you have the team assembled to take you there? Are you contemplating a business transition or succession event? Is your current financial structure constraining your ability to grow?
Size and Location
- 500k-$10M EBITDA and Midwest (emphasis on WI)
- We’re from Wisconsin and have placed our roots in Northeast Wisconsin. We know what work ethic is and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves to make it happen. Our ideal partner has a track record of positive performance and a plan to support moving forward. We support our local communities and want to invest in those industries that have made Wisconsin great: food, beverage, and agribusiness.
We begin all of our engagements by creating a business plan in cooperation with our partner companies. This allows us to target our resources on Growth, Operations, and Finance initiatives that will create the most value for our partner companies.
- Market analysis
- Feasibility studies for asset expansion
- International growth
- Understanding the macro and micro-economic aspects that impact a decision is essential in today’s business environment. The true test is understanding the future forecasts of factors that can affect a growth decision. Not easy questions, but critical to understanding the size, scope, and stability around the decision that you are facing.
- Will the expected growth be there to support
- What external forces can impact the probability
- What else should be considered?
Feasibility Studies (for asset expansion)
- The decision to invest heavily in infrastructure has implications. Along with the specifics of the expansion are the questions:
- How is it going to pay for itself?
- How should I structure this expansion from a financial consideration?
- Taking a modeled approach allows for broader, more disciplined analysis of the asset expansion under consideration. A step back to examine the opportunity and incorporate a third-party input provides objectivity.
- In today’s business environment, navigating the path of International Growth is extremely challenging.
- Expanding on an international scope requires planning. Expansion requires an understanding of the foreign markets, the logistics of supplying those new markets, and balancing the financial risks to your business.
- Procurement and inventory management
- Transportation and warehouse management
- Manufacturing optimization
- Outsourced services such as HR, accounting, transportation network planning
Procurement and Inventory Management
- BPFG can help you put together programs to manage procurement processes and inventory that are strategically aligned with your goals and financial objectives. Setting up disciplined policies and procedures ensures that the right products and services are available for manufacturing to meet that critical customer order, yet, flexible enough to meet the changing needs of your customers.
Transportation and Warehouse Management
- Inbound transportation, outbound transportation, and warehouse selection is part of the value chain objectives that you set. There are best practices, but there is no “one size fits all” solution. We’ll work with your company’s unique requirements to craft a plan
that fitsyour situation.
- Talent remains the core of manufacturing excellence. BPFG draws on its network of highly skilled professionals to assist with driving value and creating change to your manufacturing processes. Whether it’s
smallengagement or assisting with the placement of permanent talent, BPFG has you covered.
Outsourced Services (HR, accounting, transportation network planning)
- As you grow, the need for back-office assistance is often overlooked. Easily re-tasked to other associates, it can be underprioritized. BPFG can assist with flexible staffing to meet your outsourced needs for short- and long-term assignments.
- Commodity risk management program design and execution
- Bank relationship management
- Operational financial analytics
Commodity Risk Management Program Design and Execution
- Customers want to lock in prices for extended periods of time. Financial stakeholders like bankers and owners want stabilized profits and margins. Management teams need to be able to forecast cash flow to plan for and execute on growth opportunities.
- A comprehensive commodity risk management program addresses the demands above by identifying commodity exposures and building buffers between your business and
volatile marketsso that you can focus on operating and growing your business.
- Risk management programs require strategic goals, thoughtful design, and diligent execution.
Bank Relationship Management
- Securing a loan from your banker is just the beginning of a banking relationship. Maintaining a successful relationship with your banker requires dedicating resources to creating an ongoing flow of information on performance and future capital needs.
Operational Financial Analytics
- As businesses evolve, sometimes a new set of eyes can help identify overlooked drivers of your business’s performance. BPFG can help you get dialed
in towhat really matters.
Contact us today to find out how Bay Point Food Group can provide genuine value creation for your organization.